If you are attempting to print custom sized envelopes in Hallmark Card Studio and receive a mismatch message, we can help you fix it! The most important trouble shooting step is to make sure the Printing Preferences are not set to a different paper size than the expected envelope size. Please try the following:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on your printer and choose the Printing Preferences option from the pop-up menu.
On the Printing Preferences screen, look for the option that specifies the paper size you are printing to. Depending on the printer make and model, you may require a particular size. Consult your printer manual for the exact location. Set the paper size to the appropriate envelope size. Click the OK button and try printing from Hallmark once more.
A Special Note for HP Users
HP printers use a sensor to detect the size of paper you are printing to. In case your printer may be reporting one size, which is different than the one the program is trying to print to, try these steps:
- Close Hallmark Card Studio.
- Open the Printers folder. To do so, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers. For Windows XP Classic View, click Start, Control Panel, and then Printers & Faxes.
- Right-click the icon for the printer.
- Click Printing Preferences.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- Click the drop-down box under Type is: and select Plain paper.
- Click OK.
- Launch Hallmark Card Studio and try printing the envelope again.
Hopefully by double checking your steps you will be able to print custom sizes through any printer you decide to work with.